Frozen Winter Penguins
- ½ cup dark chocolate (chips or bar)
- 1 banana
- Edible decorations
- Peel the banana and slice in half
- Place ½ cup dark chocolate into a microwave safe dish
- Microwave until chocolate melts
- Dip the top and bottom of each banana half into the melted chocolate
- Begin placing on desired decorations
- Shown: orange M&M’s for the feet and nose and edible eyes
- Other options: blueberries, sliced frozen fruit, carrots, marshmallows, etc.
- Place finished penguins on a plate or cookie sheet
- Allow them to set in the freezer for 20mins
Did you know? The colors of a penguin are used as camouflage while swimming in the sea. From above the ocean, their black backs allow them to blend with the murky water. While below, their white stomachs blend with the bright ocean surface.
We would love to see your creations! Send them in, post them below, or post them to our Facebook page!