Chocolate Covered Love
Dip apples, strawberries, grapes and pineapple in melted dark chocolate. Add texture by then dipping in shredded coconut or groundnuts. Place in freezer until ingredients set.
Place a variety of fresh fruits, grapes, melons, kiwi, strawberries on a skewer. Serve with a side of vanilla or favored yogurt to dip!
Cookie Cutter Crazy
Using cookie cutters:
- Make heart shaped whole-wheat pancakes. Add fresh berries for sweetness!
- Cut different sized hearts into a variety of tasty fruits
- Add love with a heart shaped peanut butter and jelly sandwich made with whole wheat bread
- Place heart shaped cheese on crackers
Pop of Pink
Blend fresh or frozen red fruits with low-fat milk to created a bright Valentines Day smoothie!
Fill valentines day themed cupcake liners with fresh fruit, granola and dark chocolate chips for a yummy and festive snack.
Satisfy your sweet tooth while keeping your heart happy with a velvety chocolate mousse from Crazy for Crust
- 1 large avocado, pitted and skin removed
- 2 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk (or almond milk or nonfat milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup nonfat vanilla or plain regular or greek yogurt
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until smooth, wiping down the sides and stirring as needed.
2. Place in a bowl and chill until ready to eat. Serves 1 large portion or 4 small.