Today we are creating art with fruits and veggies! By combining the natural and unique beauty of different produce with colorful paint and a blank canvas. Let your creativity flow and create art!
- Select a variety of fruits and veggies for the “paint brushes.”
Bananas, Oranges, Lemons, Grapes, Apples, Broccoli, Spinach, Peppers, Carrots, Onion
- A poster board or white paper for the canvas
- A knife and cutting board to slice fruits and veggies
- An assortment of color paints
- Paper plates for dipping the fruits and veggies into the paint
- Begin by slicing the fruits and vegetables you have selected into different shapes and sizes
Slice lemons, apples, oranges and bananas in half to expose their unique patterns
Cut potatoes and carrots into stars, hearts, and shapes
Use broccoli and cauliflower florets to create a sponge effect
Use Leafs for a paintbrush effect
- Place a different paint colors on separate paper plates
- Dip the fruits and vegetables in the paint and then press them on the canvas
Notice that each fruit and vegetable has its print. The details of the inside of the fruits will appear on the canvas!
- Continue dipping each fruit and vegetable paint and then onto the canvas
Combined the different shapes and patterns of the produce to make a picture
Create abstract art by layering different patterns
- Once the paint is dry, frame your beautiful artwork!
We would love to see your fruit and vegetable creations! Send them in, post them below, or post them to our Facebook page!